- to refuse to give a statement or to testify:
- about their spouse,
- about close relatives,
- about themselves if the testimony incriminates the witness;
- to request remuneration for witnesses;
- to remain anonymous if their statements or testimony could put them at risk;
- to use notes and other documents concerning numerical data, names and other information that is difficult to memorise when giving statements or testimony;
- to request that an attorney or any other person who meets the educational requirements established by law for contractual representatives be present as a contractual representative for the protection of their rights at an interview in pre-trial proceedings.
- to give truthful statements or testimony if there is no legal basis for refusing to do so;
- witnesses are obligated to appear in court when summoned.